1. While Auction Flex does have some barcode capabilities, barcodes are not printed on the invoices. Barcodes can be used for clerking (you would scan the barcode, which includes the lot#, rather than typing in the lot#), or lotting (scan the inventory# and assign it a lot#). Barcodes are also useful for importing images (take a picture of the lot# barcode and every image imported until the next barcode image is assigned to that lot#).
2. No. Invoices are not barcoded. However, it is very easy to find an invoice by invoice#. Under the Invoice drop-down menu at the top of Auction Flex, choose Maintain Invoices. At the bottom of the next screen, you will see GO. Click that and type in the invoice #. You will be taken directly to that invoice.
3. Technically, you can look up the item in Inventory Maintenance by scanning the barcode. You would need to go to the Inventory drop-down menu, click on Inventory Maintenance, and use GO at the bottom. Then scan the barcode, which will enter the inventory number. All invoices associated with the item will be under the Invoices tab on the item.
4. User-defined fields can be set up under Inventory->Inventory Type Maintenance. You can have up to 9 user-defined fields per inventory type. The field will be enabled for all records of that inventory type.
5. Auction Flex does allow macros. You will find the option under Tools. If you are comfortable with macros, this tool can be quite useful.
6. Auction Flex is always open to requests. If you have any requests or suggestions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are always adding new features and updating the software to make it better and more user friendly.
7. While it is not possible to add additional features on your own, we can help you create custom reports to suit your needs. If you would like more information on adding reports not already in the software, please give us a call or send an email to email@example.com