forums.auctionflex.com

Auction Flex Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions before buying
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 pm 

Hi Folks,

A friend is seriously interested in Auctionflex for his expanding business. He's asked me to assist him, as I'm in the IT field.
I've got a couple of questions, hopefully someone can help.

My friend is hoping to use your barcode scanner to offload a lot of the low level work from him/cashier to the clerks by using the computer to automate some record look-ups and invoice manipulation. I've had a cursory look through the website but I'm not finding a lot of information on what barcode scanner features are available, if there are macro or User-defined functions available, or if there is any sort of API/hooks available. I'm assuming there is not, however need to confirm.

In a nutshell, there will be times after an auction when customers will not be able to take all of their winnings with them on auction day. An initial grace period of 2-3 days is to be given, after that storage charges will begin to accrue.

1. Does AF create barcodes internally, associate them with an invoice, and print that barcode on the customer invoice?

2. Can a clerk scan a customer invoice barcode and pull up an auction record? I believe this is a yes, not sure.

3. Can a clerk scan an item barcode, do a look-up and find the customer and the invoice associated with that item?

4. Can a User-defined field be added permanently to all records?

5. Is there any provision to run a macro, or have a user defined function kick-off, either manually, at a certain time, upon User-defined button press, or upon scanning a customer invoice?

4. Is it possible to contract AF to add certain functionality?

5. If it is not possible to contract with AF, are there any AF API's exposed that would allow for one to write one's own add-ons?

Thanks,

Fred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 am 
Customer Support
Customer Support

Hi Fred,

1. While Auction Flex does have some barcode capabilities, barcodes are not printed on the invoices. Barcodes can be used for clerking (you would scan the barcode, which includes the lot#, rather than typing in the lot#), or lotting (scan the inventory# and assign it a lot#). Barcodes are also useful for importing images (take a picture of the lot# barcode and every image imported until the next barcode image is assigned to that lot#).

2. No. Invoices are not barcoded. However, it is very easy to find an invoice by invoice#. Under the Invoice drop-down menu at the top of Auction Flex, choose Maintain Invoices. At the bottom of the next screen, you will see GO. Click that and type in the invoice #. You will be taken directly to that invoice.

3. Technically, you can look up the item in Inventory Maintenance by scanning the barcode. You would need to go to the Inventory drop-down menu, click on Inventory Maintenance, and use GO at the bottom. Then scan the barcode, which will enter the inventory number. All invoices associated with the item will be under the Invoices tab on the item.

4. User-defined fields can be set up under Inventory->Inventory Type Maintenance. You can have up to 9 user-defined fields per inventory type. The field will be enabled for all records of that inventory type.

5. Auction Flex does allow macros. You will find the option under Tools. If you are comfortable with macros, this tool can be quite useful.

6. Auction Flex is always open to requests. If you have any requests or suggestions, please send an email to support@auctionflex.com. We are always adding new features and updating the software to make it better and more user friendly.

7. While it is not possible to add additional features on your own, we can help you create custom reports to suit your needs. If you would like more information on adding reports not already in the software, please give us a call or send an email to support@auctionflex.com.

352-368-9735 (fax)
http://www.auctionflex.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:00 am 
Customer Support
Customer Support

I've forgotten an important feature that would help with question #3. My apologies.

3. There is also the Inventory Query, which you may be able to program a macro for and use the barcode scanner. Inventory Query is located under the Inventory drop-down menu. It pulls up a screen where you enter the inventory # (you can scan the inventory barcode). It will then pull up all the information associated with that inventory number, such as description, buyer, and invoice.

352-368-9735 (fax)
http://www.auctionflex.com